« Home | Nanjing Train Tom » | We're here!!!! » | No..I haven't packed yet. Stop asking.Since our ... » | So where are we going anyway? » | We have dates!! » | We have TA!!! » | Chapter One » 

Sunday, July 02, 2006 

Sunday in Nanjing


Sunday in Nanjing
Originally uploaded by hollysbaking.
Click on the Foo dog for a few random shots around Nanjing today. We didn't get too ambitious today, more wandering around the local market, going a little farther afield now that we had our bearings (and a map). It was incredibly hot and humid here. The kind of humidity that makes you feel like someone is actually spraying you down. We didn't stay out long. Did get brave enough to fing the laundry stall on the street and made another stop at the grocery store for more bottled water and some snack for Hank tomorrow.

Eeeek! Tomorrow! Well it's today now because I didn't get to post this before crashed last night. We are supposed to go to the Cival Afffairs office to meet him at 10:30 this morning (Monday morning here now). That would be around 10:30 pm Sunday if you are on East Coast tme.

We're excited, nervous and scared all at the same time. My biggest fear is that he really won't like us. I've read articles and experiences from other parents, I'm not expecting a Hallmark moment but I will feel awful if he's hysterical though. Having reasonable expectations doesn't mean it doean't stink when the "hopefully not" portion does come true.

Going to spend the next 5 hours rearranging luggage, deciding what things/toys/snacks to bring to the meeting.

Just a note about the blog. China restricts access to many websites. For some reason I can post to my blog but I can't actually see the posts or any of the comments people have made. So plese forgive me if you have asked a questoin that and I haven't respoded. I'll read every single one when

Holly!! I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear that you have Hank! :-) Love, Karen R

Good luck today! Dr T's office

Good luck with your meeting and we can't wait to hear how it goes. Thinking only good thoughts for all of you!

Post a Comment
Site Meter